09 August 2011

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

While I'm working on the quilting phase of my Prince Charming, which just so happens to be my least favorite phase of finishing a project, I thought I would start cutting into my Parisville.  Having just watched Moulin Rouge for the umpteenth time, the song "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" is on a continuous loop in my head.  Thoughts about Parisville apparently collided with the song lyrics, and BAM!  The idea to cut my Parisville fabric into diamonds was born.

So let me ask, has anyone made a quilt top exclusively with diamonds before?  If so, did you border the diamonds, border the whole quilt, or both?  I can't decide if I want plain old diamonds, like ziss:


Framed in diamonds:

Or a border around the outside:


(All of the above are Kaffe Fasset patterns, BTW)

What do you, my quilting genius friends, think?  Opinions?  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

You could suggest scrapping the diamonds altogether, but sorry, I'll ignore you.  They're already sitting on my kitchen table waiting to be sewn. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I like the framed diamonds. But that's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one I'm leaning toward myself! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete