17 August 2011

Quilts, Quilts and More Quilts

A couple factors have led me into daily quilting:

1. We are down to one vehicle, which my husband takes to work every day (I'm not getting up at 4:30am to take him, no sir!), and

2. It's my grown-up time away from my toddlers.  Heaven bless them, I love them to pieces, but spending 24-7 with a kid who is 3-going-on-13 and a girl who is 17-months-going-on-11, well, let's just say that I need a daily mental vacation.

Quilting is my happy place.  The fabrics are pretty, the sewing machine does what I ask of it (most of the time), I get something out of it that stays done at the end of the day (thanks, Carie, for that mantra!).

Putting all this time into quilting means that I'm getting a high yield of finished projects.  So, I thought I would showcase them.  The work below shows my projects from the last month or so.  Enjoy!


Queen-Size family snuggle blanket in Prince Charming.


This is one of my favorite quilts I've ever made!


LOVE wall hanging for one of my good friend's wedding.





"Rain or Shine" quilt in Kate Spain's Terrain.


Aren't the fabrics gorgeous?


"Birthday Banner" for my son's 3rd.


The start of my next big quilt. Diamonds in Tula Pink's Parisville.


The color scheme amazes me!


Hello, Ladies!


1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I just love your "LOVE" quilt!! :)

    Miss you! Squish the kids for me!

    ReplyDelete