20 April 2011

Little Surprises are Wonderful

I've had kind of a hard week.  I don't really know why - blame it on the nasty, cloudy weather, on not seeing my hubby as much as I would like, on having to take care of two cranky toddlers by myself, on hormones - whatever.  It's just one of those times that life seems harder than usual for no apparent reason.  Then three little things happened this morning to turn it all around.

First, one of my best friends, Dawn, invited us over for a playdate/fabric party.  It was nice to get out of the house and enjoy some good company.

Second, I reached my first small weight-loss goal this morning.  That always boosts the mood.

Third, I got a little package in the mail today that really brightened things up.  It was a simple Thank You note with a 2-1/2" charm pack for a quilting cause that I helped with.  For those of you who don't know, in the quilting world a charm pack is a collection of fabric cut in either 5" or 2-1/2" squares.  I had never actually held a 2-1/2" charm pack before, and it made me smile; there's something about miniatures that makes me happy.

None of these were earth-shattering, but it was a sequence of little nudges to help me out of my funk.

Cute Christmas fabrics!

Isn't it adorable?

A sampling of all the fabrics in this collection.

1 comment:

  1. How cute!! I can't wait to see what you make with it!

    p.s. I'm glad you're out of your funk!! :)

    ReplyDelete