01 April 2011

Overwhelmed. In a good way.

You all know that I have been working to start a chapter of Quilts for Kids.  Well, more to the point, Quilts for Kids is starting itself.  I feel like once the ball started rolling there has been an overwhelming response from the community and my family and friends to join the cause.

We have been an official chapter for less than 2 weeks, and already we have 2 quilt shops partnering with us, over 10 volunteers, a donation of a sewing machine, and an amazing hospital to donate our quilts to.

I am so grateful to be a part of this opportunity.  I really don't feel like I've done much work, and so much is getting accomplished.  It feels like a case of being at the right place at the right time.

Thank you to everyone who is making this possible.  I hope that the kids who receive the quilts get a glimpse of how many people care!

No comments:

Post a Comment