24 February 2012

In Honor of Poppies

I had forgotten that during my (ahem) sabbatical from this blog I fell in love with a new fabric line. Artist Karen Tusinski debuted her first fabric line, Gallery Fiori, at Quilt Market in May 2011.

For about a year now, as you all know, I've been a die-hard Tula Pink fan.  It had to take something pretty dang special for me to dub a new designer/line a favorite.  Tula Pink's fabrics play to my need for vibrant color, symbolism, joy.  Gallery Fiori is completely different: sophisticated pallet, meandering lines, muted colors, metallics.  You can actually see the brush strokes on her fabric.

Swoon.

Soon, I'll photograph the wall hangings I made using this line, but for now I'll just introduce you to the fabric.

Gallery Fiori Fat Quarter Bundle in Red from HawthorneThreads.com.

Just for detail's sake, here's a close-up of the poppies:


Unfortunately, I can't "zoom in" close enough to show the gold veins in the fabric.  See the lighter outlines of the layers in the poppies?  That's actually metallic gold.  It reflects light and makes the poppies simply radiant.


I'm sure she'll never see this blog, but just in case...

Well done, Ms. Tusinski. Gallery Fiori is gorgeous. I am already a huge fan and cannot wait to see what your next lines will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment