30 January 2011

Inspiration is Running Away with Me!

First things first:
I want to give a huge THANK YOU to my friend, Dawn, and my SILs Jody and Jackie.  You three have been instrumental in getting me back into the world of creating.  This is where my heart truly lies, and it has been incredibly therapeutic and cathartic to begin creating again.  I feel as if a weight has been lifted, a fog has been cleared, a window as been opened into my soul.  And you three have nudged (or flat-out pushed!) me back into it.


Ok...now for the confession: when it rains, it pours.
I CAN'T STOP!  Now that I've allowed my brain to begin thinking creatively again, it's won't think otherwise.  My organizational skills have gone out the window.  My attention to the passage of time is gone.  There are days in the recent past that I have forgotten to shower (TMI, I know, I know). 

Just since Christmas, I have started 4 quilts, a table runner, V-Day pillows, cooking at home, miniature Illuminated Texts, 2 blogs, 2 Etsy shops, 4 Kuspuks, DIY kuspuk instructions, 2 Graphic Design projects and T-shirt designs for a family business.  What the (bleep) is wrong with me?!?!  (Mom, does this sound familiar?)
My most recent creation: a Valentine's Day (February) table runner.

To tell you the truth, I absolutely love it.  I feel like my life is somehow more complete because of these projects.  I feel that my life once again has direction and purpose.  I feel like ME again.  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE being home with my kids, and I LOVE watching them grow and develop and change.  They are wonderful and hilarious and the most perfect thing that has ever happened to me.  But changing the 1247090th poopy diaper of the day and being asked for the 10948th time for a "snack" that then is forgotten and not eaten wears on a person after awhile.  I'm glad to have an outlet so I can focus on the good part of my days with my kiddos.

I am very, very grateful to those people around me who have encouraged me in these pursuits, whether they were aware of it or not.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I only hope that I can pass it on...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being my partner in crime! I don't feel quite so guilty about starting yet another crafting obsession.

    I know what you mean about feeling like yourself and that you have a purpose. I love being home with the boys, but they suck up all this time and energy, trash the house as soon as you can clean it, and you have nothing concrete to show for your effort at the end of the day. With knitting and sewing I can put in a little time and energy, then hold it up and say "Look what I made!" I just love feeling like I've accomplished something!!

    ReplyDelete