24 February 2011

Mozart's Sonata No. 11 in A Major, Third Movement

Ok, I'll admit it.  I'm a sucker for classical music.  I turn it on while I'm driving, while I'm cleaning, while the kids are playing or whenever I simply feel like it.  It's inspirational, it quiets my thoughts and my soul, it's beautiful and full of life, it's genius.

I was driving home a few days ago when Mozart's Sonata No. 11 in A came on the radio.  It was the first time I had ever heard it in its entirety.  We all know the third movement: da-da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da!  Ok, so that doesn't work as well if you can't hear me humming it.  To be clearer, it's the one on The Truman Show that is playing in the background as he's driving to work.  You know, the one with the trills and the fast, happy pace?  (If you still don't know which one it is, do yourself a favor and spend the $0.99 on iTunes to buy it!)

Well, anyway, this piece has been running circles in my head since I heard it.  I'm pretty sure this is the best song I've ever had stuck in my head.  It has long been a goal of mine to learn this piece, but it wasn't until today that I actually looked at the sheet music.  Ouch.  I'm thinking this may be a lifetime goal.  But I'm going to start.  Really, I am.  This will be like those people who decide that someday they will do a marathon.  This will be my marathon.

Do you have any odd goals like this?  I'd love to hear about them.  It helps me to know that I'm not totally crazy!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha, that's funny....I've had the same some stuck in my head, because Quin's Baby Einstein musical toy plays it!! :)

    ReplyDelete