09 March 2011

Lent

I am not Catholic, I'm not even practicing Episcopalian, yet I have felt compelled to participate in Lent this year.  I've participated in years past, mainly when I was attending an Episcopal church, and it has been a hard but good experience.  I feel that I need that kind of experience in my life right now.  One that will make me pause and think about my core beliefs and my relationship with God. 

As today is Ash Wednesday, I thought I would post a prayer from the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer. 

"Be present, O merciful God, and protect us through the hours of this night, so that we who are wearied by the changes and chances of this life may rest in your eternal changelessness; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen."


and one from Wm. Shakespeare:

"Oh Lord that lends me life, lend me a heart repleat with thankfulness."

No comments:

Post a Comment