07 March 2011

Quilts for Kids: A Follow-Up

I was chatting with my mom today, mostly about my daughter's birthday, but an odd topic came up somehow.  My mom's church is an overflow cold weather shelter for the homeless in their city.  She said that there are a lot of families that come through there now because of the recession, and it has been noted that many of these families have little to keep them warm during the day.  Someone at the church suggested starting a quilting group just to make quilts for those who need them.  Unfortunately, I live about 3,500 miles away, making it to the group would be, um, difficult.

However, since I'm starting to make quilts for the Quilts for Kids organization, I thought that making quilts for the kids in these families caught in hard, hard times wouldn't be a stretch.  Fabric and sewing has been such a boost for me the past 2 months, and I know these kids need a boost, too.

If anyone out there wants to join in either cause, let me know.  I can point you in the right direction or even be your go-to person!  Thanks!!

I found some more pictures of quilts made for children that I love:


Another quilt from Moda Bake Shop.  It's really, really easy to make!


An art quilt.  Love the different textures and patterns of the snowflakes.


A grandmother made these quilts for her grandkids that loved bugs.  There are lots of bugs hidden throughout the quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment